View Current

Student Alcohol and Other Drug Procedures

This is the current version of this document. You can provide feedback on this policy to the document author - refer to the Status and Details on the document's navigation bar.

Section 1 - Overview

(1) These procedures should be read in conjunction with the Student Alcohol and Other Drug Policy and provide guidance to how the policy principles will be applied in a practical sense.

Top of Page

Section 2 - Scope

(2) These procedures apply to the Student Alcohol and Other Drug Policy.

Top of Page

Section 3 - Procedures

(3) The following procedure must be followed in holding an alcohol-related function on campus, other than in licensed premises:

  1. advanced permission must be obtained for all such functions: applications for permission should be submitted to the Campus Services Manager, and (if appropriate) the relevant Head of Residence; and
  2. an event registration form must be completed; this form is available from each Head of Residence or from the security office.
Top of Page

Section 4 - Definitions

(4) Head of Residence - means the Master/Principal/Head of a College.

(5) (16) Student - means an Admitted Student or an Enrolled Student, at the relevant time.

  1. Admitted Student means a student who has been admitted to a UNE course of study and who is entitled to enrol in a unit of study.
  2. Enrolled Student means a student who has been admitted to a UNE course of study at UNE or elsewhere and who is enrolled in a unit at UNE.

(6) UNE Representative - means a University employee (casual, fixed term and permanent), contractor, agent, appointee, UNE Council member and any other person engaged by the University to undertake some activity for or on behalf of the University. It includes corporations and other bodies falling into one or more of these categories.