(1) These procedures are for managing situations where sponsors of HDR candidates fail to pay tuition fees, or other monies, to UNE on behalf of the HDR candidate, as agreed between the sponsor organisation and UNE.
(2) These procedures apply to any International HDR candidates who are sponsored by International governments, or organisations, to undertake higher degree study at UNE.
(3) Where Student Accounts become aware that the fees or other monies are outstanding for a sponsored HDR candidate they will refer the matter to the Senior HDR Support Officer in Research Services for evaluation.
(4) The Senior HDR Support Officer will assess the situation, seek advice from the Head of School, or nominee, and the International Office, then provide an overview and recommendation to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), or nominee.
(5) The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), or nominee, will make a determination regarding the financial liability, including whether any encumbrances should be placed on the HDR candidates enrolment.
(6) The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research) determination will be communicated to the Student Accounts by the Senior HDR Support Officer, who will oversee the implementation of the determination.
(7) No encumbrances will be placed on an International HDR Candidate's enrolment without the permission of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research).
(8) The Procedure Administrator makes these procedures.
(9) University Representatives and Students must observe these Procedures in relation to University matters.
(10) These Procedures operate as and from the Effective Date.
(11) Previous Procedures relating to encumbrances are replaced and have no further operation from the Effective Date of this new Procedure.
(12) Effective Date means - takes effect on the day on which it is published or on such later day as may be specified in the procedure.
(13) Procedure Administrator is the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research).
(14) Student means an Admitted Student or an Enrolled Student, at the relevant time.
(15) UNE Act means the University of New England Act 1993 No 68 (NSW).
(16) University Representative means a University employee (casual, fixed term and permanent), contractor, agent, appointee, UNE Council member, adjunct, visiting academic and any other person engaged by the University to undertake some activity for or on behalf of the University. It includes corporations and other bodies falling into one or more of these categories.