(1) The University recognises that families may experience financial difficulties during the period of their child's enrolment and are encouraged to discuss any difficulty that may impact on their timely payment of fees. These procedures outline the steps the University will undertake when an account becomes overdue.
(2) These procedures apply to staff of the University's childcare service, UNE licensed Childcare provider representative and the Financial Services Directorate.
(3) In accordance with the Child Care Fees Rule the University reserves the right to cancel a child's enrolment where fees are overdue by 21 days or more. The parent/carer will be given all opportunity to bring their account current and are encouraged to contact the Financial Services Directorate to discuss any difficulties in making payments.
|Overdue by||Action||Responsible party|
|1-6 days||The parent/carer listed on the child's enrolment form will be reminded by email or phone that the fees are overdue and payable immediately. Director of Yarm will be provided with a list of these parent/carer debtors.||Financial ServicesDirectorate|
|7-13 days||The parent/carer listed on the child's enrolment form will be contacted for the second time requesting immediate payment of the outstanding balance. Parents/Carers will also be advised in the communication that they will be referred to the Director of Yarm if payment is not made immediately. Director of Yarm will be provided with a list of these parent/carer debtors.||Financial ServicesDirectorate|
|14-20 days||Report via email to Director of Yarm, listing parent/carer debtors that are still in arrears. The parent/Carer will be provided with a transaction statement listing fees invoices issued and payments received. Director of Yarm to communicate with the Parent/Carer and to advise Finance of the outcome.||Financial ServicesDirectorate Director Yarm Gwanga|
|At 21 days||A report of all accounts overdue by 21 days is to be emailed to the Director UNE Life and the Director of the Yarm for action. Students of the University will have an encumbrance placed on their student account which will restrict access to exam results, the issuing of official academic transcripts and will disallow graduation. The Director of UNE Life in conjunction with the Director of Yarm will meet with the Parent/Carer to discuss the child's place being cancelled due to outstanding fees. A formal letter of decisions and agreements arising from this meeting will be distributed to the family.||Financial ServicesDirectorate UNE licensed Childcare provider representative Director Yarm Gwanga|
(4) The Procedure Administrator, pursuant to the University's Child Care Fees Rule, makes these procedures.
(5) University Representatives must observe these Procedures in relation to University matters.
(6) These Procedures operate as and from the Effective Date.
(7) Effective Date is the date on which this Rule will take effect.
(8) Procedure Administrator is the Director UNE Life.
(9) Overdue account means an account where the amount owing remains unpaid one day after the due date.
(10) University Representative means a University employee (casual, fixed term and permanent) contractor, agent, appointee, UNE Council member, adjunct, visiting academic and any other person engaged by the University to undertake some activity for or on behalf of the University. It includes corporations and other bodies falling into one or more of these categories
(11) Student means an Admitted Student or an Enrolled Student, at the relevant time.
(12) UNE Act means the University of New England Act 1993 No 68 (NSW).