(1) This Rule sets out the matters on which authority is retained by the Council (and not delegated under Section 17 of the University of New England Act 1993 (NSW). Delegated authority has been granted by Council to various committees and individuals and is contained in the following documents:
(2) This Rule applies to the Council and the Vice-Chancellor.
(3) As the governing body of the University, the Council may directly exercise any of its functions including those that have been delegated.
(4) The matters on which Authority is Retained by Council are as follows: (Click here for Schedule).
(5) The Comment column contains any additional explanation of the item itself or the process underlying the provision of advice to Council on the item.
(6) The Terms of Reference of all Council Committees were adopted by resolution of Council on 11 June 1998 are regularly reviewed by Council and its Committees and are available on the UNE website.
(7) Senior Executive means the Vice-Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor's direct reports, excluding persons Director level and below.
(8) Senior Management means staff at Head of School/Director level and above.
(9) University Act refers to the University of New England Act 1993 (NSW) UNE.