(1) This operating procedure will be implemented under the direction of the Director, Information Technology .
(2) The operating procedure will be made publicly available and communicated to the University community.
(3) This operating procedure is to be read in conjunction with the related policies and documents listed above and any other relevant University policy documents.
(4) To specify the conditions under which members of the University community register for use of the University's centrally managed ICT services.
(5) This operating procedure applies to the University community using centrally managed ITC services and covers the following areas:
(6) ITD will register members of the University community for a computer account and grant access to requested and approved centrally managed ITC services.
(7) Usernames created by the User Registration System are unique.
(8) By registering for an account, members of the University community agree to the University's policies and procedures on computing use.
(9) Accounts must be used for the purpose for which they were created, i.e. staff must use their staff account for all staff related work, student accounts for student work.
(10) Users are responsible for ensuring that their files that are stored on ITD servers are independently backed-up prior to account archival.
(11) Exceptions to this operating procedure can be requested in writing and must be approved by the Director, Information Technology or nominee.
(12) Members of staff are provided with an IT account by UNE which can be activated at any time during their employment period.
(13) New staff members can register for an account as soon as their details are processed in the University's Human Resources system. Activation of the account is required to access the University's ITC services.
(14) A valid Account Code to be used for chargeable services must be supplied.
(15) The application for the account and for access to approved ITC services must be approved by an Authorised Officer.
(16) Activation of the account represents an acceptance of the rules and regulations relating to the use of UNE's ICT services.
(17) Students can register for and activate their account for access to ITC services approved by ITD as soon as their details are processed in the University's Student Information System. Activation of the account is required to access the University's ITC services.
(18) Students can register online or in person at the Service Desk.
(19) A form of photo ID (usually a student card) and the student number are required for registration at the Service Desk.
(20) For online registration the student must provide their student number, full name and date of birth as identification.
(21) Activation of the account represents and acceptance of the rules and regulations relating to the use of UNE's ICT services.
(22) Affiliate accounts can be set up for Approved Affiliates of the University.
(23) A valid Account Code to be used for chargeable services must be supplied.
(24) The application for the account and any access to approved ITC services must be approved by an Authorised Officer.
(25) All Affiliate account applications must specify an end date. On this date all access will be removed and the account data will be archived.
(26) A username assigned by the User Registration System cannot be changed except in the following circumstances:
(27) The user must request a change in their username.
(28) The request must be approved by the Director, Information Technology or nominee.
(29) An email alias may be requested to redirect email from the old username to the new username.
(30) Changes of usernames, unless under exceptional circumstances, will be actioned at the end of a teaching period (after the release of exam results for this teaching period).
(31) Staff, student and Approved Affiliate accounts cannot be merged.
(32) Staff members who leave their position to take up studies at the University of New England cannot retain their UNE staff account. A student account will be created. Email will not be redirected from the staff account to the student account.
(33) New staff members who were UNE students will be given a staff account. An email alias may be requested to redirect student account email to the staff account.
(34) New staff members who were special registrations will be set up with a staff account. This account may not have the same username. However, on request, the existing Special Registration can be converted into a staff account.
(35) Staff members who leave their employment at UNE but continue to be associated with UNE as an Approved Affiliate will not retain their staff account. A Special Registration Account will be created. However, if approved by the former supervisor, the old staff email account may be forwarded to the special registration account. Approval for the forward must be given by the Head of School/Director of the staff member or the Director, Information Technology or nominee.
(36) Approved Affiliates with Special Registration accounts who become students of UNE cannot keep their Special Registration account. A student account will be created. An email alias may be requested to redirect special registration emails to the student account. Approval for the redirection must be given by the Director, Information Technology or nominee.
(37) If a student ceases being a student of UNE and returns as an Approved Affiliate, a new Affiliate account will be created. An email alias may be requested to redirect student emails to the special registration account.
(38) Staff with more than one position at the University Staff with more than one position at the University will be issued a single account with appropriate access privileges covering all positions. Where usage charges apply, an agreement must be reached between the employee's supervisors.
(39) Staff members who are enrolled as UNE students will be provided with separate accounts. As per clasue 9 staff must use their staff account for staff related work and their student account for student related work.
(40) Access privileges to the internet as well as access to any other services specified by ITD will be disabled immediately after notification is received from Human Resource Services that a user has left the employment of UNE. Email, disk space and other services approved by the Director, Information Technology or nominee will remain available for up to 10 weeks, at which point the account will be archived. Account data (such as emails) will not be retained.
(41) Accounts of all former students will remain on the user registration system. Alumni of the University may be granted access to ITC services approved by the Director, Information Technology .
(42) Account: The computer user account provided by the University to access ICT services centrally managed by ITD. The account itself does not have any access priviledges; these are added and removed on request.
(43) Account Data: Any data associated with a user account. The includes email folders and any data files stored on the server in space reserved for the account.
(44) Approved Affiliates:
(45) Authorised Officer: Head of School or Directorate or nominee.
(46) ICT: Information and Communications Technologies
(47) ITD: Information Technology Directorate, University of New England.
(48) UNE: University of New England.
(49) University Community: University staff, enrolled students and approved affiliates.
(50) User Registration System: The application used to create, maintain and remove