View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the UNE Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right policy, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The UNE Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the grey menu bar located just below the blue banner on this page.
- Casual Staff Appointments PolicyThis policy applies to the appointment of casual academic and professional staff at UNE. It does not apply to student casuals.
- Casual Staff Appointments ProceduresThese Procedures provide guidance on the application of the Casual Staff Appointments Policy.
- Change of School Name Guideline(Expired)Protocol for Change of School Name
- Changes to Discipline Titles GuidelineChanges to Discipline Titles
- Child Care Fees Overdue ProceduresThese procedures outline the steps the University will undertake when an account becomes overdue.
- Child Care Fees RuleThe purpose of this Rule is to provide a framework under which the University can ensure the financial viability and the efficient functioning of its child care services.
- Child Protection PolicyThis policy relates to the protection of children from any type of exploitation and abuse in the delivery of these activities (whether delivery is virtual, online or in person) and recognises that exploitation and abuse is met with disciplinary and commercial sanctions as well as criminal penalties under Australian law (and where it applies, under extra-territorial laws).
- Child Protection ProceduresThese procedures provide a framework to operationalise the Child Protection Policy, which advocates the University's intolerance of any act of child abuse or exploitation.
- Clinical Loadings (Medical and Dental) GuidelinesThese guidelines detail the nature and purpose of clinical loadings applicable to medical and dental staff and explain the eligibility criteria and loadings applicable for payment.
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) RuleThis rule establishes the requirements in regards to the installation and approval for use of CCTV on UNE property.
- Code of ConductThe Code of Conduct (the Code) establishes principles to be applied by all UNE Representatives in their activities and behaviour. As the University is a public sector entity, University Representatives are expected to serve the public interest and promote our organisational culture which is founded on our University values, outlined in our strategic plan.
- Code of Conduct for Research RuleThe Code of Conduct for Research (UNECCR) is a framework for high quality research practices, for the guidance and protection of individual researchers (staff and students) and to outline the processes for dealing with research misconduct. The UNECCR is based on the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2007 (ACRCR).
- Code of Ethics for University of New England CouncilCouncil members are required to behave ethically, in keeping with Part 4A and Schedule 2A of the UNE Act. In addition, this Policy outlines the duties of council members in respect of conflict of interest; maintenance of confidentiality; public comment; liabilities; and application of the Code of Conduct Rule.
- Collaborative Research PolicyThis Rule covers formal research collaborations between staff at UNE and staff at other institutions.
- Commercial Activities RuleThe University engages in Commercial Activities from time to time to support the University's object. The University's object is the promotion, within the limits of the University's resources, of scholarship, research, free inquiry, the interaction of research and teaching, and academic excellence. This Rule and any procedures made under it, constitute the University's commercial activities guidelines for the purposes of Section 21B of the UNE Act.
- Communication PolicyThis policy outlines the official communications mechanisms used by the University to communicate official notices and other communication and covers printed communications (mail outs) as well as electronic communication through email, a web portal or UNE's website.
- Communication ProcedureThe procedure to implement the Communication Policy.
- Compliance ProceduresThese procedures are for the guidance of UNE Representatives in the implementation of the Compliance Rule and must be read in conjunction with that Rule.
- Compliance RuleThe purpose of this Rule is to ensure the University's business is conducted in accordance with its compliance requirements and commitments, and managed in a uniform way within the compliance management system.
- Conferring Awards Posthumously Coursework PolicyConferring Awards Posthumously Coursework Policy
- Conferring Awards Posthumously Coursework ProceduresConferring Awards Posthumously Coursework Procedures
- Conflicts of Interest PolicyThis policy regulates Conflicts of Interest involving UNE Representatives. Conflicts of Interest involving UNE Representatives must be appropriately disclosed and managed.
- Conflicts of Interest ProceduresThis procedure provides guidance on how the Conflicts of Interests policy should be applied in the course of carrying out official duties.
- Constitution of Council RuleThe Constitution of Council and Rules regarding Council members.
- Controlled Entity GuidelinesThese guidelines have been made to supplement the Controlled Entity Rules and provide guidance, administrative details and procedures in relation to those rules.
- Controlled Entity RulesThis purpose of this Rule is to set out the Council's requirements of controlled entities to ensure the Council can fulfil its obligations under the UNE Act.
- Copyright PolicyThis Policy is intended to:
-provide a clear statement to employees, students and other members of the University community of their obligations with respect to copyright;
-encourage legitimate uses of copyright works;
-mandate responsibilities and processes regarding the use of copyright works;
-minimise the risks associated with the improper use of copyright works;
-demonstrate a commitment by the University and its highest level managers to a compliance culture.
- Core and Prescribed 100 level Units Offered in Trimester 3 - option for Three 100 level Units in a Major, Guideline(Expired)Core and Prescribed 100 level Units Offered in Trimester 3 - option for Three 100 level Units in a Major
- Corporate Risk Management FrameworkCorporate Risk Management Framework
- Corporate Risk Management RuleThis Rule outlines the University of New England's commitment to corporate risk management, recognising that managing corporate risk is an integral part of good governance and achieving strategic and operational objectives. The Rule is based on ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management Principles and Guidelines and facilitates achieving compliance requirements set out in the UNE Act and Threshold Standards.
- Corporate Website Management PolicyThe University's Corporate Website Management (CWM) Policy addresses online representations of the University, its staff and partners within the context of its web pages. As a public representation of the University, it is necessary that all online content maintain a consistent, appropriate and effective presence for the organisation's external market while fulfilling the requirements of government regulations and meeting the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Corporate Website Management ProceduresThese procedures provide a framework to operationalise UNE's Corporate Website Management Policy, which has been developed to ensure consistency of brand, effectiveness of message and content style within the context of the University's webpages. The procedures outline the framework for webpage approval and the relationship between levels of web authors and editors at UNE, as well as providing links and information about supporting documentation developed to assist authors in the step-by-step development of their webpages.
- Council Documents RuleCouncil Documents require amendment from time to time to update terminology and correct typographical and grammatical errors that have been identified. It is not efficient to have such minor changes approved by Council each time, and the task is delegated to the University Secretary under this Rule.
- Course Approval ProceduresThese Procedures outline the implementation of the Course Approval Rule and must be read in conjunction with that Rule.
- Course Approval RuleThis Rule provides a framework for the approval, amendment and withdrawal of all coursework programs offered by the University of New England.
- Course Coordinator PolicyCourse Coordinator Policy
- Course Coordinator ProceduresCourse Coordinator Procedures
- Course Progression Procedures(1) These procedures provide for the implementation of the Course Progression Rule, and must be read in conjunction with that Rule.
(2) These procedures articulate the University's practices as they apply to Student visa holders in compliance with the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code 2007.
- Course Progression Rule This Rule provides a framework for:
a. the requirements for satisfactory progress of Students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework courses;
b. monitoring and managing the progression of Students against these requirements; and
c. sets clear responsibilities for academic progression decisions and processes.
- Credit Card ProceduresThis document sets out the procedures for University Credit Cards (UCC) and outlines obligations to ensure consistent and appropriate use of University Credit Cards (UCCs).It defines the allocation and use of all UCCs issued by UNE.
- Credit Point and Student Workload PolicyCredit Point and Student Workload Policy
- Cultural Diversity and the UNECultural Diversity and the UNE
- Cultural Diversity Priority StatementCultural Diversity Priority Statement
- Cyberethics at UNE Guidelines for Students on Online BehaviourCyberethics @ UNE Guidelines for Students on Online Behaviour