View Policies A - Z
Know the name of the document you are looking for?
Following is a master list (in alphabetical order, by title) of all policies, procedures and guidelines contained in the UNE Policy Library. Jump to the relevant part of the alphabet by clicking an alphabetical character in the fast find index below. Each alphabetic grouping of documents is headed with the relevant letter of the alphabet, next to which you will find a "view summary descriptions" link. If you are not sure you have found the right policy, click this link to view the summary descriptions. These may help you determine if the document is the one you are after.
Don't know the name of the document you are looking for?
If you don't know the name of the document you are looking for, don't waste time browsing the list. The UNE Policy Library has a dedicated Search Engine. Use it to search for documents related to your area of interest. You can search by topic (management area), keywords, partial titles and even do full text searches. You'll find a link to the search engine in the grey menu bar located just below the blue banner on this page.
- Academic Assessment Appeals PolicyThis Policy provides the framework for appeals on academic assessment and its objectives are to ensure that such appeals are dealt with fairly, equitably, reasonably and transparently, while maintaining the academic quality and rigour of the University's assessment processes.
- Academic Assessment Appeals ProceduresThese procedures are to be applied to appeals against determinations relating to academic assessment as outlined in the Academic Assessment Appeal Policy.
- Academic Dress ProceduresAcademic Dress Procedures
- Academic Dress RuleThis Rule prescribes:
the occasions on which academic dress is to be worn;
the academic dress standards of the University; and
the colour standards of academic dress.
- Academic Promotion Appeals ProcedureAcademic Promotion Appeals Procedure
- Academic Promotion ProceduresThese Procedures provide guidance on the application of the Academic Promotion Policy, particular to appeals.
- Academic Promotion RuleAcademic Promotion Rule provides high level information about the promotion of academic staff from one classification/salary level to the next, based upon the evaluation of meritorious performance that will lead to a realisation of the University's goals and mission (as outlined in the UNE Strategic Plan).
- Academic Pursuits Funds PolicyAcademic Pursuits Funds
- Academic Qualifications Issuance PolicyAcademic Qualifications Issuance Policy aims to formalise the broad content of, and appropriate signatories to, formal UNE
acadmeic records in alignment with the requirements of the AQF Issuance Policy.
- Academic Quality Management PolicyAcademic Quality Management Policy
- Academic Staff Probation and Confirmation PolicyAcademic Staff Probation and Confirmation Policy defines the nature and purpose of probation for academic staff and sets out eligibility, responsibilities and timeframes for the probation process.
- Academic Staff Probation and Confirmation ProceduresAcademic Staff Probation and Confirmation Procedures provide guidance on the application of the Academic Staff Probation and Confirmation Policy.
- Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) ProceduresThese procedures provide practical assistance for staff involved in the implementation and administration of the Admission Rule â€" Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) and must be read in conjunction with that Rule.
- Admission Undergraduate and Postgraduate (Coursework) RuleAdmission Rule - Undergraduate
- Advanced Standing Application GuidelinesAdvanced Standing Application Guidelines
- Advanced Standing PolicyThis Policy provides a framework for considering work-based experience, life experience, self-tuition, non-accredited professional development programs or higher education programs for advanced standing at the University of New England.
- Advanced Standing ProceduresAdvanced Standing Procedures
- Advancement PolicyThe University seeks support by way of philanthropic gifts and corporate sponsorships to enhance the exceptional long-term educational and research performance of the University.
- Advancement ProceduresAdvancement Procedures provide guidance in relation to gift acceptance and administration, appropriate donor recognition and accuracy and effectiveness of alumni donor management records.
- Advertising PolicyThe Advertising Policy addresses a staff member's responsibilities in relation to the production, placement and approval of UNE advertising which may include print, radio, television and electronic media. The Policy is designed to maintain the integrity of the University 'brand' and maximise or enhance the University's image in the public arena.
- Animals at UNE Sites PolicyThe University of New England is committed to a safe environment for its staff, students and visitors. It recognises that animals on campus can present a range of risks, and acknowledges the right of staff and students to work and study in a safe environment. UNE has a number of sites upon which animals may be found at any time. This policy provides a means of defining the UNE sites applicable to this policy; defining the approved categories of animals allowed at UNE; and defining the conditions under which approved categories of animals must be kept whilst attending UNE.
- Appointment of Acting Vice-Chancellor RuleThis Rule relates to the office of the Vice-Chancellor and applies where there is an incumbent Vice-Chancellor who is unavailable for a short period of time. It does not apply where the office of the Vice-Chancellor is vacant or where the Vice-Chancellor is unavailable for an extended period.
- Art Collection Management RuleThe Rule establishes controls and processes for the acquisition, preservation, presentation, documentation and deaccessioning of the UNE Art Collection.
- Assessment ProceduresThese Procedures are for the guidance of UNE Representatives and Students of the University in applying the Assessment Rule, and must be read in conjunction with that Rule.
- Assessment RuleThis Rule provides the framework for rigorous assessment processes that are essential for the maintenance of academic quality and integrity in the University's operations, and reflects the University's values of providing a formative, inclusive, flexible and innovative environment for the delivery of high quality teaching and learning to its Students.
- Asset Management Financial ProcedureAsset Management Financial Procedure provides guidance on the definition of an asset and asset classes, costs to be included when recognising an asset, defines useful life of asset classes, requirements for subsequent measurement and review of assets and outlines process for the acquisition, transfer and disposal of assets.
- Asset Management Financial RuleThe Rule provides a framework for identifying, valuing, recording, disposing and writing-off non-current physical and intangible assets.
- Audit Vulnerability Scan PolicyThis policy authorises the Information Technology Directorate to undertake audit and scanning of UNE IT infrastructure.
- Australian Qualifications Framework Compliance for UNE Course and Units GuidelinesThese guidlines outline the requirements for the development and design of all coursework courses at the University in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- Authority Retained by Council RuleThis Rule sets out the matters on which authority is retained by the Council (and not delegated under Section 17 of the University of New England Act 1993 (NSW).
- Authorship RuleThe purpose of this Rule is to ensure that authorship is properly assigned The universally recognised outcomes from research include publication of journal articles, book chapters,books, conference proceedings and reports. Inclusion of a researcher or research trainee as an author for such a publication is a fitting recognition when they have made a substantial contribution to the intellectual aspects of the work. As authorship is used as an indicator of a researcher's productivity, it is vital that only those who meet the criteria for authorship are included as authors.
- Awards in Absentia ProceduresAwards in Absentia Procedures