This is not a current document. It has been repealed and is no longer in force.
Section 1 - Rationale and Scope
(1) These Procedures establish the core responsibilities and performance expectations associated with the role of Course Coordinator at the University of New England. These Procedures should be read in conjunction with Course Coordinator Policy.
Top of Page
Section 2 - Procedures
(2) Each course is required to have an appointed Course Coordinator responsible and accountable for the activities outlined in the associated Course Coordinator Policy and these Procedure.
(3) Salary and workload allocation relating to duties performed as a Course Coordinator are to align with the UNE Workplace Agreement and School workload policies.
Responsibilities and key performance expectations
(4) The detailed responsibilities and key performance expectations of a Course Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
(5) Course Leadership
- Provide effective leadership for implementation of UNE's teaching and learning priorities at a course level.
- Provide effective leadership in innovative course development, curriculum design, development, implementation, evaluation, monitoring and review.
- Lead a collaborative course team and chair regular course team meetings.
- Where applicable, ensure that a Course Advisory Board is in place and meets regularly to provide external industry and professional input to the course.
- Liaise with relevant industry and professional groups as an integral part of on-going course development.
- Coordinate new proposals and review amendments to the existing course.
- Where applicable manage the professional accreditation and re-accreditation processes.
- Advise students and staff on academic rules.
(6) Quality Enhancement
- Manage course quality and continuous improvement processes in accordance with the Academic Quality Assurance Policy and other relevant University Rules, Policies and Guidelines.
- Assist with implementation of recommendations from relevant Review Committees.
(7) Student Management
- Liaise with relevant business areas regarding advice to students on programs of study; eligibility for admission to candidature enrolment approvals; special examinations/special consideration/special extension of time; credit, exclusions and Early Intervention Strategy.
- Liaise with UNE International and Student Experience in respect of legislative requirements applicable to student visa holders.
- Assess applications for credit that require the approval of the Course Coordinator. Assess applications for students applying for cross institutional study.
- Make a determination on applications from students seeking reinstatement or readmission or re-enrolment after exclusion where the Course Coordinator's approval is required.
- Approve applications for Permission to Enrol Elsewhere.
- Grant intermission from a course for up to two years.
- Grant an extension of time of up to one year (or part-time equivalent) beyond the normal maximum period of candidature for a student to complete a course.
- Decline a request to transfer into the Course Coordinator's course.
- Assess and rule on applications from students wishing to enrol concurrently in a degree of Bachelor with Honours in another course.
- Decide on the application of the course rules during transition to a new course or course requirements and for students resuming study after approved intermission.
- Assess and approve applications from students to enrol in six credit points in a trimester in excess of the normal maximum full-time study load.
- Monitor all attendance requirements for Course-based Mandatory Intensive Schools.
(8) External Relationship Management
- Participate in meetings of a Course Advisory Board.
- Monitor changes in the external environment that may affect the courses. Represent the course at meetings and events as required.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies and professional groups.
(9) Marketing and Recruitment
- Contribute to the promotion of the course in conjunction with relevant University directorates.