(2) The formation and continued existence of the WHS Management Group allows for effective:
(3) The WHS Management Group comprises of:
(4) Any person invited by the Chair.
(5) Various University Specialist staff may be invited to attend meetings.
(6) External experts may also be invited to attend meetings as determined by the WHS Management Group but will not have voting rights.
(7) Observers are welcome to attend WHS Management Group meetings, provided that permission has been sought and approved by the Chair prior to the meeting. Observers may address the WHS Management Group and answer questions only on the invitation of the Chair. Observers are not entitled to vote.
(8) If a member of the WHS Management Group cannot attend a WHS Management Group meeting, their deputy may attend in their place and hold the same voting rights as the absent member.
(9) The Chairperson of the WHS Management Group is the Chief Operating Officer (CSO).
(10) The University is committed to gender equality and, so far as is practicable, it is an objective that the WHS Management Group membership should comprise a balance of genders.
(11) The WHS Management Group is charged with the following duties:
(12) The WHS Management Group will operate to make final decisions relating to health and Safety matters at the University.
(13) The Chair of the WHS Management Group will report to the Vice-Chancellor on the business conducted by the WHS Management Group. Reports will normally be by email and will include minutes of each meeting.
(14) This committee (WHS Management Group) has delegated authority from the Vice-Chancellor to perform on behalf of the Vice Chancellor the approval, advice and monitoring functions set out in these terms of reference and all matters ancillary to those functions. The Vice-Chancellor retains the discretion to withdraw, modify or override this delegation at any time.
(15) A delegate from the WHS Management Group, appointed by the Vice-Chancellor or Chief Operating Officer, will attend each WHS Committee meeting as a Management Representative and facilitate information flow to and from the WHS Work Groups, WHS Committee and WHS Management Group.
(16) The WHS Management Group will schedule meetings every two months to ensure:
(17) WHS Management Group meetings may be convened more often at the request of the Vice-Chancellor, Chief Operating Officer or at least half of the WHS Management Group members.
(18) An agenda and any accompanying reports will be circulated at least seven working days before each meeting by the secretary.
(19) WHS Management Group meetings are recorded via utilisation of template agenda and minute sheets.
(20) Minute records are to be circulated to members of the WHS Management Group within seven days of the meeting being held.
(21) The secretary is responsible for ensuring all WHS Management Group agendas, minutes (once confirmed at the following meeting) and reports are recorded in TRIM.
(22) A quorum is achieved where there are at least half of the WHS Management Group members present.
(23) For its business papers, meetings and otherwise to conduct its business the Committee (WHS Management Group) and its members may use technology including telephone, video-conferencing, telepresence, email and internet as arranged by the Chair and/or Committee Secretary.
(24) Where the Chair deems that a vote is required to resolve an issue (where recommendations cannot be agreed upon via general consensus, a majority of the attendees must be in favour of a motion for it to be passed (assuming a quorum has been achieved).
(25) The Vice-Chancellor, as the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU), has the final authority within the University for any decision relating to health and safety matters and may rescind the outcome of a WHS Management Group vote.
(26) Meeting notes will be kept to a minimum and circulated promptly following the meeting, including all action items. These will not require formal endorsement by the Committee (WHS Management Group).
(27) Disclosure of business papers, minutes and other information received by the Committee (WHS Management Group) should be made via the Chair or Secretary to the Committee.
(28) Once every twelve-month period, the Committee (WHS Management Group) shall devote at least one part of one meeting to the review of its policies, practices and procedures over the preceding 12 months.
(29) A Secretary will be appointed by the Chair.