(1) These procedures are to be used in conjunction with the University's Higher Degree Research (HDR) Program Approval Rule and its Research Training Quality Management Rule. The procedures provide a detail around the operationalisation of the Rules to streamline the approval of HDR programs at the University of New England.
(2) The HDR Program Approval Procedures apply to the approval of all higher degree research programs at the University of New England, and will be used by all UNE Representatives for that purpose.
(3) Expression of Interest:
(4) HDR Program Proposal:
(5) The completed proposal will be lodged, for approval by the Chair, GRS , subject to final approval by the Vice-Chancellor or delegate.
(6) Once the program proposal has been fully approved by it will be forwarded to Research Services for establishment.
(7) Where the Chair GRS does not approve a proposal, detailed feedback will be given to the proposers.
(8) The request to make amendments to HDR programs should be forwarded to the GRS.
(9) The request should include the rationale for the amendment, any enrolment, resource, infrastructure or budgetary implications.
(10) GRS will review the proposed amendments and determine approval or non-approval.
(11) Any approved amendments will be forwarded to Academic Board for noting.
(12) Once the amendment has been fully endorsed, it will be forwarded to Research Services for implementation.
(13) Where there is a request to disestablish the request must be forwarded to the GRS.
(14) The request must include the rationale for disestablishment and include any enrolment, resource, infrastructure or budgetary implications.
(15) The request must include a management strategy for teaching out disestablished programs.
(16) GRS will review the proposed amendments and determine approval or non-approval.
(17) Where the decision is taken to disestablish HDR programs, this will be forwarded to Academic Board for noting.
(18) Once the amendment has been fully endorsed, it will be forwarded to Research Services for implementation.
(19) These procedures are made by the Rule Administrator, pursuant to the University's Higher Degree Research Program Approval Rule.
(20) University Representatives and Students must observe it in relation to University matters.
(21) These procedures operate as and from the Effective Date.
(22) Previous procedures relating to Higher Degree Research Program Approvals are replaced and have no further operation from the Effective Date of this new procedure.
(23) Effective Date - is the date on which this procedure will take effect.
(24) Rule Administrator is the Vice-Chancellor or delegate.
(25) University Representative - means a University employee (casual, fixed term and permanent) contractor, agent, appointee, UNE Council member, adjunct, visiting academic and any other person engaged by the University to undertake some activity for on behalf of the University. It includes corporations and other bodies falling into one or more of these categories