(1) Requests for rescission of awards are to be made to the relevant Faculty Academic Coordinator. The original testamur should accompany the request.
(2) The Faculty Academic Coordinator sends the request for a rescission of award, with a reason for rescission and the original testamur, to the Secretary, Academic Board to go to Academic Board.
(3) After Academic Board, the Secretary to Academic Board sends the Board's recommendation to Council for adoption.
(4) At this time, the Secretary to Academic Board also sends the testamur and notification that this recommendation has been made to the Council meeting of (?? date) to the Graduation Officer, and notifies the relevant Faculty Academic Coordinator of the recommendation of Academic Board.
(5) After Council meets, the Secretary to Council notifies the Secretary to Academic Board that the recommendations from Academic Board have been adopted by Council and copies this notification to the Graduation Officer and the relevant Faculty Academic Coordinator, who can then carry out the necessary action.
(6) Please note that it will be the responsibility of the Faculty Academic Coordinator, who have the role of dealing with the students for whom a rescission of degree is necessary, to retrieve the testamur from the student, or to notify the Graduation Officer that they had been unable to retrieve this testamur despite considerable effort.