(1) This policy provides for the posthumous conferral of coursework awards and aims to provide a framework in which a determination to confer or not to confer an award posthumously is handled with sensitivity and discretion, and is consistent with the requirements of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
(2) This policy must be read in conjunction with the Conferring Award Posthumously — Coursework Procedures.
(3) This policy applies to all undergraduate or postgraduate coursework students enrolled in UNE courses at the time of their death. It operates in addition to the Conferring Awards Posthumously: Higher Degree Research Policy.
(4) The University Council may posthumously confer an award when the student was enrolled at the time of their death and one of the following conditions is met.
(5) Amendment or revision of this policy must be endorsed by Academic Board and approved by Council.
(6) The Chair of Academic Board or nominee is responsible for ensuring that the related Communication and Implementation Plan is followed.
(7) An Issues log shall be kept by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) or the Academic Registrar to track concerns with the implementation of this policy and related procedures.
(8) Complaints concerning the implementation of this policy and the related procedures should be directed to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) or Academic Registrar.
(9) The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) or Academic Registrar is responsible for monitoring implementation and compliance with this policy and related procedures and advising the Academic Board Teaching and Learning Committee accordingly.