(1) The University of New England is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and freedom from all forms of discrimination as determined by legislation. The University is committed to this policy on the basis that it is fair and just, and contributes to the fulfilment of its strategic vision.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor, assisted by the Employment Equity & Diversity Officer, has overall responsibility for the implementation of an equal employment opportunity program which supports the University's commitment to eliminate discrimination from employment, promotes equality of opportunity and values diversity. It is the responsibility of Pro Vice-Chancellor and Deans, Heads of School and Directors and any other heads of cost centres, to ensure that all staff are aware of the University's equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies. All managers and supervisors are expected to support and facilitate equal employment opportunity principles and implement the University's Equal Employment Opportunity Management Plan.
(3) In fulfilling this policy the University will comply with state and federal legislation on discrimination, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and binding international human rights instruments.
(4) In fulfilling this policy the University aims to:
(5) The University expects all staff to act in accordance with this policy.