Council Documents Rule
This is the current version of this document. You can provide feedback on this policy to the document author - refer to the Status and Details on the pale grey navigation bar above.
Section 1 - Overview
(1) Council Documents require amendment from time to time to update terminology and correct typographical and grammatical errors that have been identified. It is not efficient to have such minor changes approved by Council each time, and the task is delegated to the University Secretary under this Rule.
Section 2 - Scope
(2) This Rule applies to all Council Documents.
Section 3 - Policy
(3) Council authorises the University Secretary to carry out the following actions in respect of Council Documents (and all incidental actions reasonably required to give effect to the actions):
- Replace references to out-of-date position titles with a reference to the current position title, as specified by the Vice Chancellor.
- Replace references to out-of-date Council Committees or other Council bodies or representatives with a reference to the current name, as specified by the Chancellor.
(4) Replace references to "senior staff" or "senior management" with:
- Where the context and purpose of the reference demonstrates or implies an intention to apply to staff at senior executive level, a reference to "Senior Executive" and insert a definition of "Senior Executive" to read "Senior Executive means the Vice Chancellor and his/her direct reports (excluding support staff)"; and
- In other cases, a reference to "Senior Management" and insert a definition of "Senior Management" to read "Senior Management means staff at Head of School/Director level and above".
(5) Replace any other out-of-date reference with its current terminology.
(6) Correct typographical and grammatical errors.
(7) Certify documents that have been approved by Council.
Section 4 - Definitions
(8) Council Documents means Council rules, policies, procedures, standing orders and other documents.