(1) The University of New England established a Restricted Parking Area and pay parking scheme on campus in 2001. The parking scheme provides an equitable means of regulating parking on campus and enables the university to:
(2) Income is generated from the sale of permits and as a result of a self enforced infringement notice system.
(3) This Policy applies to any person that brings a vehicle on to the UNE Main Campus or CB Newling Campus.
(4) Signage shall be erected at all vehicular entrances/exits to campus to clearly define the boundaries of the Restricted Parking Area.
(5) Signage shall be erected within the Restricted Parking Area to advise users where vehicles are permitted to park.
(6) Parking Permits shall be made available to staff, students and other members of the university community deemed to be eligible, to facilitate parking within the Restricted Parking Area.
(7) Parking Tickets shall be made available from ticket machines to facilitate visitor parking within the Restricted Parking Area.
(8) Timed parking bays shall be provided on campus to facilitate short-term parking.
(9) Disabled parking bays shall be provided on campus to facilitate mobility parking for holders of a recognised permit.
(10) Loading Zones shall be provided on campus to facilitate the loading or unloading of goods.
(11) Special Event Parking areas may be established and operated within the Restricted Parking Area.
(12) A driver must not park in a parking area unless a current parking permit/ticket is displayed, in such a manner that its date and expiry time are clearly visible to persons outside the vehicle.
(13) Vehicles that are not parked in accordance with the policy or procedures shall be liable to an infringement notice.
(14) Fees and charges shall be determined by the Chief Operating Officer and will be reviewed as required.
(15) Administration and enforcement of the policy shall be the responsibility of Facilities Management Services.
(16) The procedures attached to this policy must be complied with.
(17) Restricted Parking Area - means the roads indicated on the maps that are available for inspection at each vehicular entrance to the University of New England campus.
(18) Parking Permit means a voucher, card or similar article issued by the university (otherwise than by means of a parking ticket machine) for display in or on a vehicle as evidence of the pre-payment of a parking fee.
(19) Parking Ticket means a ticket issued by the university (by means of a parking ticket machine) for display in or on a vehicle as evidence of the pre-payment of a parking fee.
(20) UNE Main Campus - means the Academic & Bellevue precincts. CB Newling Campus means the land and buildings located adjacent to Faulkner, Mossman, Dangar & Kentucky streets in Armidale.